Toyota Hybrid Top Tips for the Best Fuel Economy
April 11, 2018
Want to get the very best out of your Toyota Hybrid? Below are number of Toyota Hybrid driving hints and tips that will help you to get the best from the Hybrid Synergy Drive System, improving fuel consumption and getting you further for less!
Here are some tips for Toyota Hybrid vehicles:
- Use your car’s Hybrid information display to monitor energy usage.
- Don’t put your pedal to the metal. Go easy on the accelerator and press it lightly and consistently to keep the car in EV mode.
- Use the ECO mode to get better fuel economy.
- Brake gently and early to allow the EV mode to operate longer.
- Use cruise control to maintain an even speed.
- Set the AC on recirculate, which saves energy.
- Don’t select ‘N’ neutral when stationary in stop-start traffic because it will discharge the Hybrid battery and fail to generate electricity.
Using the car’s battery will save the most energy when driving. In city driving situations, accelerate to the desired speed and then ease off the pedal, then ease back on. If you see the EV light come on, you’ll know the engine is switched off and you’re running off the battery.